Preserve your memories before they fade
Why fight with an old projector and screen, or an outdated VCR? Transfer your movies, photos and slides to DVD, and have a screening at your next family get-together!
Movie film transferred to DVD
Now it's easy to watch your memories on any TV. Order extra copies to give family & friends.
Dan's can transfer 8mm, Super 8mm & 16mm movie film as well as 35mm slides and photos up to 8x10.
- Movie film to DVD:
- 20¢ per foot (400 foot minimum)
- All transfers include opening title and background music.
- 50' reels (3 or more) will be spliced together. Your film is returned on new 200' or 400' reels.
- Additional titles: $5.00 (movie, slide & photo orders only)
- Transfer to a format other than VHS (e.g. 8mm, MiniDV): $10 setup fee per order.
- Continuous run of music you supply on CD: no charge
- Customized background music: $5 per cut (from CD only, no charge on photo transfers)
Slides & Photos transferred to DVD
Slides and photos must be individually numbered and rubber banded together. Slides and photos not numbered will incur a 3¢ per slide/photo numbering charge. Slides in pages or trays will be returned to you rubber banded together. $56 minimum order, includes DVD.
- Photos to DVD or VHS tape:
- $2.00 each
- Slides to DVD or VHS tape:
- (35mm and 126 slides)
- up to 1000 slides: 70¢ each
- 1001 or more: 60¢ each
Videotapes transferred to DVD
Re-visit your favorite memories, even if your old camcorder or VCR is broken. Transfer your video tapes to DVD, and have a screening at your next family get-together! Dan's makes it easy to enjoy your family memories more often.
We'll transfer your VHS, VHS-C, 8mm, Hi8, Digital8, Micro MV, and Mini-DV tapes to DVD disc. Up to two hours of video will fit on a single DVD.
- Up to two hours: $24.99 - limited to one 2-hour tape transferred per disk
- For tapes over 2 hours, add $24.99 for each additional disc.
- Additional copies at time of order: $12.50 each
- No chapter points and no titles available
- Orders ready in one week
Premium DVD service
Why upgrade to Premium?
- Chapter points approx. every 5 minutes
- Free imprint on DVD disc (2 lines of up to 30 characters each)
- Available from foreign formats
Premium DVD pricing:
- Up to two hours: $39.99
- Additional copies at time of order: $19.95
- Multiple tapes to one DVD: $19.95 each add'l. tape
- Additional DVD (for tapes over 2 hours): $39.99
- On screen titles: $15 each
Videotape to DVD only
- 4–9 original tapes: 10% discount
- 10+ original tapes: 20% discount
Video Tapes and DVDs Duplicated
Dan's can make duplicate copies of your VHS tapes or home DVDs. We offer discounted bulk pricing for orders of 10 or more copies. We can transfer VHS-C, 8mm, Hi8 and digital video tapes to VHS format for convenient playback and sharing. Dan's can even transfer video tapes from foreign formats to American formats.
DVD or Video tape copied to VHS
$39.99 + $10 setup fee, additional copies are $12.50 each
Prices (per original) include appropriate length VHS tape. Approx. 1 week turnaround.
- Transfer to formats other than VHS: add $10
- Multiple originals to same tape: $10 each new original, 2 hour limit
- Audio editing: $40 per half-hour
- Looping: makes a 2-hour continuous run tape. $40 editing fee plus duplication cost.
- International Conversions and quantities over 49 available, contact us for details
From same original, per two hours of video. Add $5 for each additional hour.
Betamax to DVD, Hi8, and VHS
- Betamax to DVD
Up to two hours, per original tape: $39.99
- Betamax to VHS
Up to two hours from one tape: $39.99
- Betamax to Hi8
Same as VHS pricing plus $10 set up fee
- 3/4" Video to DVD or VHS
Up to 60 minutes: $74.99
Other Services Include:
- Video tapes repaired
- Bulk videotape duplication
- Foreign format conversions: PAL or SECAM; foreign 8mm, Digi8, or Hi8
- Audio transfers from reel-to-reel
- Computer images to video or DVD
- Reel-to-reel audio tape to DVD, $40 per half-hour.
Call us for information at 610-434-2313 or email us.
Dan's DVD & Video Services are either done at Dan's using professional grade equipment or contracted out to a local provider who uses production quality equipment. We are confident you won't find a better combination of quality, price and service.
Why go to DVD?
DVDs don't get tangled in your player or gradually wear out from repeated viewing. Chapter points at 3 minute intervals allow you to find specific scenes far more easily than with video tape.
DVDs are also more convenient to store, since they take up less space than bulky videotapes. And you'll never have to remember to rewind again!
*Please note: Some DVD players may not be able to read the DVD-R format. Please ask us about ensuring that your player will read the DVD disc we produce.
How much will fit on a 2-hour DVD or tape?
Transfers are recorded in Standard Two Hour Speed. One VHS tape will hold approximately:
1600 ft. of 8mm film
2000 ft. of Super 8mm film
4000 ft. of 16mm film
850 slides or photos (about 8 seconds each)
Your memories are safe with us.
Dan's DVD & Video Services are either done at Dan's using professional grade equipment or contracted out to a local provider who uses production-quality equipment. We're confident you won't find a better combination of quality, price and service.