Tips for Your Session
What should I wear?
- You don’t necessarily need to dress up for your shoot. Wear clothing you are comfortable in and that shows off your style. Adding a jacket or changing a shirt can be enough to change up your outfit.
- Avoid solid white and colors that are close to flesh tones.
- Bring several options with you. Be sure you have a few solid colors not all bold and bright patterns or logo clothing.
- Be sure your clothing is clean a wrinkle free. Wrinkles will show up in photographs.
- If you wear glasses, we do our best to avoid glass glare, however, this can be difficult in the studio. You can have your optician remove your lenses from the frames.
- Avoid new hairstyle just before your photos.
- Avoid tan lines.
- Be sure to get plenty of rest to avoid tired baggy eyes.
- Make sure your nails are nice for the picture. Chipped and bright color nail polish will also show up in the photos.
- Apply your make up the same you would any other day. We want you to look natural.
- Consider bringing lipstick, powder, hair clips and a pocket mirror with you to your session. You can do touch ups along the way.
- Be aware of bra straps and colored undergarments.
- Consider getting a haircut a few days before the session.
- Be clean shaven or be sure you facial hair is neatly trimmed.
- Get ready for the portrait session like you’re planning to meet someone important or special.
- Bring at least one additional outfit.
- Bring a comb with you if you think you might need one.
What to bring?
- Please bring along items that are special to you or show your interests and hobbies. Ideas include instruments, sports equipment and uniforms.
- Additional outfits, accessories.
- Grooming supplies for final touches.
What else to know…
- If you chose an on location shoot, there may not always be a convenient place to change. Consider this when you are choosing your outfits and changes.
- Relax! There’s no need to stress over anything. Dan’s staff is experienced and will make your session fun and enjoyable.