Dan’s Camera City has an opening for a Director of Imaging Services
Dan’s Director of Imaging Services is a fast paced, multi-faceted role responsible for directing and leading staff, coordinating and monitoring technical processes, collaborating with various other departments, and ultimately ensuring customers receive superior service and products in a timely manner. The Director of Imaging Services (DIS) is responsible for several departments within the Dan’s umbrella.
Dan’s offers the most extensive array of imaging services in the region. From traditional film developing to state of the art metal plates, canvas wraps, photo books, video archiving and duplicating services and much more. Our imaging lab offers consumers, professionals and businesses a local resource for superior quality printed materials including photographic processes, dye sublimation, aqueous and solvent wide format and digital press services.
This department captures and produces a variety of photos and services for our partner schools. Portrait services for over 15,000 children in preschool through high school, yearbook services, and all of the related support items for the school administrators.
This department offer several on-site photography services including:
- Dan’s PhotoBooth which is popular at weddings, birthdays and school events.
- Capture and Print service which provide on-location photography and instant printing, popular for fundraisers and other events. Included in this service is our Santa and Easter Bunny photos where we partner with several local venues to produce a large quantity of these images.
- Aerial Imaging service which offers still and video imagery from drones for a variety of uses.
- In development is our 360 service to provide clients a new way to present their customers an immersive and interactive photo and video experience.
Offering high quality and affordable images for infants, families, high school seniors and businesses. Our studio prides itself on providing a better experience than other studios as we do not overbook or use high pressure sales tactics.
All of these are key areas for growth for Dan’s. The DIS will be responsible for the overall coordination and success of each department. Generally, each department has a supervisor for daily and routine items. Every department has dedicated and experienced staff who will lend to success with mentoring and direct guidance.
- Mentor, manage and inspire all imaging staff which includes production, technical and administrative staff using Dan’s Mission Statement to guide their growth.
- Coordinate processes and equipment including traditional Silver Halide, dye-sublimation, and toner based equipment to meet quality and delivery standards with minimal downtime.
- Proactively reach out and engage current and potential partners for imaging services. Foster relationships and build rapport that allows active communications ensuring we continue to meet and exceed our partner’s expectations.
- Enthusiastically collaborate with all other departments within the Dan’s organization to meet their needs, support their efforts and leverage the resources of the company.
- Maintain and enhance our service offerings through our website and other ordering systems, ensuring customers have a positive experience and staff an efficient workflow for completing all projects.
- Minimum three years managing at least 3 other full time staff members including hiring and training responsibilities.
- Minimum three years experience overseeing production of some nature.
- Solid knowledge of photographic principles and techniques.
- Proficient with technology including Windows, basic networking, and more.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple projects, deadlines and challenges while remaining upbeat and professional.
- Ability to ensure daily routines are well executed and continuously seek improvements in all aspects of operations.
This is a salaried position averaging 44 hours per week, with seasonal variations. Majority of hours will be Monday through Friday with times varying from early morning to early evening – some weekend hours are also expected as seasonal needs arise.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include salary requirements, and if you do not currently live within the Lehigh Valley explain your plans for commuting or relocation.
Thank you for your interest in joining Dan’s team. Only applicants under serious consideration will be contacted, and all applications will be kept on file for future openings.