Dan’s Camera City has a part-time opening for a Bookkeeper
We are seeking a part-time, long-term bookkeeper to join our office team. The bookkeeper will report to our office manager, and collaborate with several other staff. Our office atmosphere is casual but challenging. Our current bookkeeping system is geared toward a retail photographic specialty store. As our business has become increasingly diverse we need to update our systems. Early this year we will incorporate Quickbooks with our other systems, as well as continually seeking improvements and increased efficiencies.
The duties of the Bookkeeper include:
- The General Ledger – right through End of Month Procedure and generating Profit and Loss Statements on a computerized bookkeeping system and using Excel for Departmental P & L’s.
- Bank Account Reconciliation – includes maintaining the checkbook and General Journal entries.
- Prepare Monthly Sales Tax – prepare tax return and record entries in General Journal.
- Prepare Quarterly Tax Payment Checks as directed by our accountant.
- Other office duties will be assigned based on the strengths of the individual and the needs of the business. Duties such as working with daily paperwork generated by the retail store.
- Maintain PayPal accounts
Our end of the year audit and subsequent tax returns are prepared by our outside accounting firm.
Must be team player experienced with computerized bookkeeping systems. Must be knowledgeable in Word and Excel. Experience with maintaining bookkeeping for a retail establishment a plus. Experience with Quickbooks a Plus. Flexibility is a must in our challenging work environment.
Schedule & Compensation
This position will be approximately 20-30 hours per week. Monday through Friday work week with flexible scheduling. Hours may vary from day to day and week to week. Hourly rate based on experience.
For consideration, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full listing of job responsibilities and requirements will be reviewed with applicants under serious consideration. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your interest in joining Dan's team!