Dan Poresky, an Allentown native, opened our family-run business in 1977 with four employees. He spent 26 years growing the business by focusing on our customer's experience and our staff's development. Eventually, he settled in our 15,000 square foot facility conveniently located just off of route 22. In June of 2003 Dan sold Dan's Camera City to pursue environmental causes. Dan's Camera City was purchased by two long term employees - Kevin Harayda and Mike Woodland. All of the staff continued on and helped ensure a smooth transition. The wonderful philosophies Dan Poresky started continue on at Dan's Camera City. Over the years Dan's has received numerous national and local awards. We have collaborated with companies such as Hewlett-Packard to launch industry-leading solutions providing us with resources and connections that allowed us to expand and sharpen our offerings.
Dan's continues to prosper thanks to our core philosophies including Continuous Improvement. We have methodically expanded our offerings beyond cameras and printing. A constant focus on evolving our business model has lead us to launch several successful initiatives including our School Photos department, our Santa Photos service, our business signage services, and much more. To improve our customer's experience we have developed industry firsts such as our Urban Photo Park allowing for real-world testing and trialing of camera equipment.
Our product and service categories include: New and used digital cameras and accessories, vlogging and lighting equipment, imaging services such as digital printing and gift products, transferring old media such as prints, slides, and movies to USB, picture frames and custom framing, darkroom and studio equipment and supplies, binoculars, wide-format display signs and banners, and camera repairs.
Dan's Camera City Mission Statement
Our goal is to be the best photo retail business in the country by developing and maximizing systems for continuous improvement, utilizing full staff participation.
Our Success is measured by the degree of delight and duration of relationship of our customers and staff with Dan's Camera City.
It is expected that all who work at Dan's share these work related values:
- Strive for excellence in product, service and store operation.
- Suggest and embrace ideas for continuous improvement whenever possible.
- Create harmony, cooperation, mutual assistance and increased knowledge among all staff.
- Be patient and understanding with others mistakes and limitations but do not overlook or dismiss them.
- Do what is in the best interest of the customer, the company and other staff members.
- Expect management to provide training, encouragement and opportunity for all staff to have a positive and rewarding work experience.
- Approach other staff in a manner that assumes they share the same vision and values.
- Question any operation or direction that appears inconsistent with the above.