Dan's Camera City has one location which is over 15,000 square feet and employs over 60 people. It is one of the largest single-location camera stores in the nation. On average, Dan's serves over 400 people every day. More than a dozen other area businesses provide drop-off and pick-up service for Dan's Own Film Processing. Dan Poresky, an Allentown native, opened the store in 1977 with four employees. Dan's continues to prosper thanks to our superior customer service and the quality of the items we produce. In 2002 Dan's was named the National Dealer of the Year by Photo Trade News.
In June of 2003 Dan sold Dan's Camera City to pursue environmental causes. Dan's Camera City was purchased by a small local team lead by two long term employees - Kevin Harayda and Mike Woodland. All of the staff continued on and helped ensure a smooth transition. The wonderful philosophies Dan Poresky started continue on at Dan's Camera City.
In 2012 we opened a second location in Easton PA, bringing Dan's quality and customer service to a wider area of the Lehigh Valley. At the same time we also opened Dan’s Studio to provide professional quality portraits, focused on providing a better experience. Our professional staff create outstanding images in our quiet, private, spaces.
Today, we remain committed to helping you to create and share your story, and we now have more options than ever! Our amazing staff enjoy working with you to find the perfect solution for your needs and budget. Kevin and I look forward to hearing from you with any comments you may have about our offerings.
Product and service categories include: New and used digital and video cameras and accessories, imaging services such as digital printing and gift products, picture frames and custom framing, darkroom and studio equipment and supplies, binoculars wide format display signs and banners and camera repairs.
Dan's Camera City Mission Statement
Our goal is to be the best photo retail business in the country by developing and maximizing systems for continuous improvement, utilizing full staff participation.
Our Success is measured by the degree of delight and duration of relationship of our customers and staff with Dan's Camera City.
It is expected that all who work at Dan's share these work related values:
- Strive for excellence in product, service and store operation.
- Suggest and embrace ideas for continuous improvement whenever possible.
- Create harmony, cooperation, mutual assistance and increased knowledge among all staff.
- Be patient and understanding with others mistakes and limitations but do not overlook or dismiss them.
- Do what is in the best interest of the customer, the company and other staff members.
- Expect management to provide training, encouragement and opportunity for all staff to have a positive and rewarding work experience.
- Approach other staff in a manner that assumes they share the same vision and values.
- Question any operation or direction that appears inconsistent with the above.